Ana’s career has been meteoric, and shows no signs of slowing down!
The 4x Blues Music Awards nominee blends smoking electric funk slide guitar, jazzy instrumentals and tight blues groove with soulful feminine vocals. Her incredible stage presence makes her an irresistible force in the music world.
Ana Popovic was born in the war torn town of Belgrade, formerly Yugoslavia. Ana grew up in a warm and loving family where music was very important. Her father would, throughout her youth, always invite friends over for nightly jam sessions where Ana listened and analyzed the deep artistic roots of her music. In this atmosphere, she quickly picked up her father’s impressive blues and soul record collection, grabbed his guitar and went to work at a young age of 15. Since then, Ana Popovic has developed into an phenomenal guitarist/vocalist who currently resides in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Today Ana and her phenomenal 4-piece band are tirelessly touring, playing major blues / jazz and rock festivals around the world!
“From straight-ahead blues-rock to sultry jazz and reggae, Popovic continues the blues tradition with a unique voice and a distinctive guitar sound.”
– Vintage Guitar
“Ana Popovic is a fine example of a blues artist who takes new directions while remaining true to the essence of the genre… Though capable of thunderous, Stevie Ray Vaughan-inspired guitar solos, Popovic is equally adept at a quieter, more contemplative style.”
– Blues Revue
“Yugoslavian-born Ana Popovic is not only a superb singer and songwriter, but also a very capable guitarist who can flatpick fluid jazz lines, craft deep-pocket slide grooves, and bend strings with SRV-style emotion.”
– Guitar Player
More about the ANA POPOVIC:
- The only continental European artist nominated for the most important award in Blues in the USA: the W.C.Handy award for ‘Best New Artist Debut’ (2003).
- Winner of the prestige and the oldest award for Jazz in France: ‘Jazz A Juan Revelations’ at Juan Les Pines, France (2003).
- 4-time nominee for the ‘Living blues awards 2006'. (‘Best blues DVD of 2005', ‘Best Live Performer’, ‘Best Female Blues Artist’ and ‘Most Outstanding Musician (Guitar)’.
- Nominated for ‘Blues Artist of the Year’ (2007).
- Ana’s album ‘Still making History’ (2007) was in the US Billboard chart for a total of 19 weeks (top # 3 position). Her CD ‘Blind for Love’ (2009) made it to #1 radio-played blues album on US radio.
- Nominated for the ‘British Blues Awards (2010) for Best Overseas Artist.
- Winner ‘Best Blues DVD’ at the Blues Matters Awards (UK – 2011)
- MBA nominee DVD Of The Year (2010 – An Evening at Trasimeno Lake)
- MBA nominee Contemporary Blues Album (2011 – Unconditional)
- MBA nominee Contemporary Blues Female Artist (2012)
- Endorsed by Fender, Mesa Boogie, Yamaha acoustic guitars, Ovation and DR strings.
- Performed together with BB-King, Robert Cray, Buddy Guy, Sonny Landreth, Jonny Lang and many others….